FranklinCovey is a global company specializing in performance improvement. We help organizations achieve results that require a change in human behavior. Our expertise is in seven areas: Leadership, Execution, Productivity, Trust, Sales Performance, Customer Loyalty, and Education. Our mission statement is “We enable greatness in people and organizations everywhere”. We fulfill this mission by hiring “Achievers with Heart”.
Work with Leader in Me school administrators, leadership teams, and staffs to ensure ‘Lighthouse’ quality results in The Leader in Me schools year after year. This position requires senior level consultative and coaching skills as well as a deep understanding of and previous experience working in the education field. The preferred candidate will possess skills necessary to recommend next steps and create renewal opportunities for the schools they coach.
In this role, focus will be applied to building exceptional relationships with schools involved in The Leader in Me process in order to help them to achieve and maintain ‘lighthouse’ quality results. This will be accomplished through live onsite delivery, frequent virtual communication “in between the seams” of live training, providing additional resources and advice on implementation, and involving all stakeholders engaged with the school to contribute to progress on the path to ‘lighthouse’ results and beyond.
Essential Job Functions
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
* Quality Results. Act as a Steward of Quality and Engagement among The Leader in Me schools. Partner with existing The Leader in Me schools to guarantee the successful creation and implementation of a school improvement plan aligned to the “Lighthouse Criteria”. Act as a trusted resource person to help ensure The Leader in Me schools achieve high-leverage results, including improved school cultures, increased teacher engagement, greater parent satisfaction, and reduced discipline problems. One goal is to help The Leader in Me schools earn the Lighthouse Milestone by their third year of implementation. After this milestone is achieved at a school, the goal is to maintain a close partnership with the school, complete with frequent touch points, to ensure they avoid entropy and maintain “Lighthouse” quality for years to come.
* Facilitate Community. Create a “Virtual” Community by making a “White Glove” welcome calls to every school the coach serves in The Leader in Me process, and sharing frequent professional development tips and classroom resources via www.TheLeaderinMeOnline.org web community as well as email and phone conversations as necessary.
* Create a “Live” Community by supporting and coaching schools to participate in two Community Coaching days involving The Leader in Me schools in their geographic region, as well as global experiences (ex., The Leader in Me Symposiums). Maintain frequent communication with your The Leader in Me schools and all team members assigned to the school (ex. Client Partner, Delivery Consultants, Quality Team).
* Deliver Onsite Coaching. Deliver a minimum of 50 onsite coaching days each year to The Leader in Me schools inside your geographic region. Delivery of coaching will require diagnostic research, including in depth pre-consults with the school, an investigative study of the history, culture, and demographics of the school, and connecting with other Consultants and Client Partners who serve the school. Based on this diagnostic research, the Coach will then draft a suggested agenda/coaching plan for the onsite day that the school’s leadership team will agree to prior to delivery of the day. Most coaching day agendas will include a brief classroom observation and school walk-thru, delivery of relevant and pre-determined coaching content to all staff, as well as time for grade, action, lighthouse, parent, and leadership team level meetings, which should be delivered with a specific end in mind. The role of the coach is to act as a “critical friend” and partner to schools throughout The Leader in Me process.
* Deliver Live “Centerline” Training. Deliver approximately 50 live training days each year (Vision, 7 Habits, Implementation, Lighthouse Team Training, etc.) to schools throughout North America, primarily during the summer months. Maintain current certification and thorough knowledge of all The Leader in Me workshop content and materials.
* Strategy and Systems. Maintain current implementation plans and commentary about schools using The Leader in Me website, Salesforce.com, and other systems as applicable. Partner with the product development team to refine functionality and add content to The Leader in Me website. Utilize the CRM Salesforce program and www.TheLeaderinMeOnline.org to share data with all stakeholders involved in communication, research and sales with our client schools and to document progress on the path to the Lighthouse Milestone.
* Create Yearly Engagement Opportunities. Facilitate a strong relationship with all current schools. Through this relationship, assist schools with understanding The Leader in Me process and scheduling of next steps. Also encourage schools to maintain a current annual license with access to The Leader in Me website and to coaching services.
Leader in Me Coach Tasks:
The primary tasks of this role include:
* Delivering 1 Day or more of Onsite Coaching to assigned Leader in Me Coaching schools. Coaching includes but is not limited to: a day of custom coaching, diagnostics, assessments, phone calls, webinars, a follow up Coaching Report, “drop in visits”, and other forms of frequent communication.
* Delivering a minimum of 2 days of Community Coaching for each “cluster” of schools (typically consisting of 8-12 schools) where you are the assigned Coach.
* Attending Coach Academy to ramp in The Leader in Me Coaching System™ content
* Attending weekly calls with the Coaching Team and/or your assigned mentors to further your knowledge around the coaching system
* Utilizing SalesForce to enter notes and activities around all Coaching System™ schools and to house Coaching Reports.
* Introduce schools to each other and facilitate school connections.
* Deliver live onsite “centerline” training to approximately 50 schools
* Consult with FranklinCovey Education Innovation Team to help develop coaching content, including online and live modules, newsletters and webinars.
* Contact district leaders and other schools to help expand The Leader in Me process.
Applicants must have a strong education background. A high degree of energy, patience, empathy, and personal maturity with strong character is essential. Experience as a school administrator with experience in a The Leader in Me implementation is preferred. Current senior level consultants, coaches, or those with similar qualifications are encouraged to apply. A well-developed pattern of achievement, contribution, execution, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity is critical to success in this role. Very strong verbal and written communications skills are essential. Attention to fine details, logistics, and the ability to coordinate communication among several parties is critical. It is highly important that applicants have a deep comfort level with technology and the flexibility to travel.
Visit our website at www.franklincovey.com for more information regarding our organization.
FranklinCovey is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Click here to apply online.